I was born on November 24th 1983 and grew up in Nuremberg, Germany. I studied chemistry at the Jagiellonian University in Cracow, Nanyang Technological University Singapore and École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. After having obtained my PhD degree from ETH Zurich under the supervision of Prof. Reinhard Nesper in 2013, I moved to the University of California, Berkeley, for postdoctoral studies with Prof. Peidong Yang. Since September 2014, I have been working as a group leader toward my habilitation at the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, RWTH Aachen Univeristy, Germany. In October 2018, I have been appointed Assistant Professor (tenure-track) in Inorganic Chemistry at the Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry, Stockholm University, Sweden (starting March 1st 2019).
- RWTH Start-Up Award 2017/2018
- Extended Liebig Fellowship of the German Chemical Industry VCI (2017‐2018 and 2019);
- Liebig Fellowship of the German Chemical Industry VCI (2014‐2016);
- DAAD‐Fellowship within the Return Programme of German Scientists (2014);
- Fellowship of the Swiss National Science Foundation for post‐doctoral studies at the University of California, Berkeley (2013‐2014);
- 1st prize for presentation at the European Solid State Chemistry Conference in Bordeaux/France (2013).